2021 Muskoka Highlands COVID-19 Policies & Procedures
Effective Thursday April 16, 2021
The procedures outlined herein are designed to help protect employees, Members and their guests alike. It is imperative we follow these protocols to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19.
Staff will tour the golf course periodically to ensure policies and procedures are being followed. This includes but is not limited to alcohol consumption, social distancing, golf course local condition rules, and pace of play.
- You must pre-book everyone with name and email
- You must pre-pay
- You must check into this app to do your COVID declaration EVERY TIME YOU GOLF.
- Navigate to – www.allchecked.in/myQ5LuvH0E from your browser
- Securely provide your contact details.
- Show a team member that you’re All Checked In!
MASKS ON SITE MANDATORY
Everyone will wear a mask from your car to the first fairway and whenever near the clubhouse.
At the driving range, everyone will wear a mask, even when hitting balls. This is due to you being stationary and in close proximity to other users.
- Bringing outside alcohol on to Club property is strictly prohibited.
- Players found with their own alcoholic beverages will be asked to leave the course immediately.
PROTECTING YOURSELF AND OTHERS
- Stay home if you or anyone you live with:
- Are feeling unwell,
- Are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms,
- Are waiting for test results,
- Traveled outside Canada within the past 14 days,
- Had close contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19,
- Received a COVID Alert exposure notification on your cell phone,
- Been advised by a medical professional to self-isolate.
- Practice respiratory etiquette, including coughing and sneezing into your arm. Dispose of tissues immediately into trash receptacles.
- Wash hands often and for at least 20 seconds with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid contact with face and eyes with unwashed hands.
- Avoid common greetings, such as handshakes and instead greet with a wave.
- Avoid contact with high frequency touch points.
- All players will maintain a distance of at least 2 meters from other players (one flagstick length).
- Masks will be worn from your car and through til you are on the first tee.
- Maintain a safe distance while handling goods and making transactions.
- Protective barriers shall be used to protect cashiers and customers in inside payment transaction areas.
- A mask or face covering is mandatory while waiting in line for any amenity or service, both inside and outside.
- All current government guidelines for maximum occupancy and group gatherings will be enforced.
ACTIONS TO PREVENT THE SPREAD OF COVID-19
- Enhanced housekeeping practices, including cleaning and disinfecting surfaces, equipment, and high frequency touch points.
- High frequency touch points (across all departments and washrooms) will be disinfected at least two times per day.
- Each staff member will be screened for COVID-19 before they are permitted to enter the workplace.
MANDATORY MASKS OR FACE COVERINGS IN PUBLIC SPACES
- Wearing a mask or face covering is mandatory indoors and recommended wherever physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- All staff, customers or visitors are required to wear a mask or face covering while inside public spaces, including bathrooms. A mask or face covering must cover the nose, mouth and chin.
- There are some people who have exemptions for mandatory masks (e.g. children under the age of two and people with certain health conditions or employees in designated areas).
- Vaccination does not exempt you from these policies and procedures.
GOLF CART AND PUSH CART RULES
- Only golfers in the same household can ride together on a cart.
- Players not from the same household cannot under any circumstance ride together on a cart.
- Carts will be allotted at 1 for every 2 players. This will mean 1 walking and 1 riding.
- 2 sets of golf bags can be put on a cart, and accessed being mindful of remaining 6 feet from other players.
- All golf carts will be staged in designated areas.
- Bag service will not be available. Golfers should load/unload their own golf bags on to carts.
- Customers will be asked to clean the cart after use by putting all items in the bins provided at the cart return area.
- Employees will clean and disinfect all golf and push carts after each use.
- All golfers will be required to complete an online questionnaire which screens for COVID-19 before they are permitted to tee off.
- This function will be available shortly.
- These must be completed every visit.
- Golfers can check-in no more than 20 minutes before their tee time.
CLUBHOUSE AND FACILITIES
- Pro Shop access and all entry points on the main level are closed.
- Only Washroom access through the basement door is permitted.
- Wherever possible, doors will be propped open to minimize touch points.
- Emergency first aid equipment is located in the kitchen.
- Designated washrooms will be available. Non-essential supplies will be removed.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer will be available outside of washrooms and in public areas.
- All tee times must be made and paid in advance.
- Names and emails for every player must be provided at time of booking.
- Failure to provide both of the above steps in advance will cause the foursome to return to their vehicle to complete this process online.
- No walk-up tee times will be permitted.
CHECK-IN AND PAYMENT
- The Clubhouse will remain closed to the public.
- Members or guests renting power carts will be provided with a key once it is confirmed that everyone is registered and paid in advance.
- Member account charges, credit and debit are the preferred payment options. Credit card must be on file for any charged to a Member account. Payments must be made in advance at time of booking.
- Gloves, balls, tees, scorecards and pencils will be available at the check-in counter.
- Rental clubs will be available. Clubs will be cleaned and disinfected between golfers.
- All players must wear a mask at all times.
- Practice facilities (driving range and putting green) are open to golfers with booked tee times 20 minutes prior to their tee time. The Driving Range is also open to the public, all physical distancing guidelines must always be followed.
- Driving Range:
- Driving range stations will be spread out at least 2 meters apart with distinct separation between stations.
- Users must remain 2 meters from other players at all times.
- Due to being stationary, masks must be worn at all times.
- Putting Green:
- Cups will be turned upside down so the ball doesn’t fall too far into the cup.
ON COURSE MODIFICATIONS
- Leave the flagsticks in the hole at all times. Do not touch them.
- Once a golfer commences putting, it is recommended the golfer continue until the ball is holed.
- Ball washers and course furniture have been removed.
- Bunker rakes have been removed from the course and these areas will be temporarily played as lift, clean and place. Golfers will be asked to use their foot to smooth footprints as they exit a bunker.
- Weather events such as frost, lightning or heavy rain may cause delays in accessing the property. Golfers are advised to contact the golf shop for most up to date information about safe arrival timing and tee time scheduling.
- During a weather event such as lightning, golfers should seek shelter in an area where safe physical distancing can be maintained, preferably returning to their vehicle. The Clubhouse will not be available. When the weather event has passed, golfers may return to their position on the course while maintaining a safe physical distance from others. Golfers should provide a reasonable amount of time for everyone to regain their position before re-starting.
- Golfers leaving the course due to inclement weather but not during a full suspension of play, may not be able to safely resume their round. Rain checks can be obtained by calling the golf shop from your vehicle.
- Pre-packaged confectionary items and drinks will be available before, during and after your round of golf from the service window on the back deck.
- Employees will not handle re-usable bags or containers, including water bottles, from customers.
- Bringing outside alcohol on to Club property is strictly prohibited.